- Pattern: American Bald Eagle
- Made in USA
- Vintage: 1988
- Details: This is an absolutely wonderful sculpture! It is none other than the regal American Bald Eagle in all its majesty, the national emblem of the United States since 1782. This piece is made of porcelain, it is a replica of the original bronze statue by Gary Lee Price (the original titled, ‘The Sentinel’, sells for $1,460.00). This replica shows the G. Price signature with the copyright symbol and is dated 1988. The eagle rests on a wood base, it retains its original foil label that reads: “Hansen Classics, Sandy Utah”. Read below a brief history of Hansen Classics and Gary Price. A special addition to enhance your home or office, bar or study. Great gift for the patriotic home. Perfect as decor for Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July or any other of our country’s patriotic celebrations!
- Material: Porcelain, Wood
- Dimensions: 9.0 inches Tall, approx. 5.0 inches Wide and 5.5 inches Deep
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Vintage Condition. There are a couple of nicks on the wood base, and looks like there may have been either a label or plaque attached to the front of the base, not easily noticeable. No chips, dents or scratches on the sculpture. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping fees based on your location.
Hansen Classics was located in Sandy, Utah, they closed in 2011. Started by Chad Hansen, it was a way for him to honor his mother, long time sculptor, and mentor, Florence P. Hansen. Florence trained young Chad very early to work with porcelain. As early as 1st grade, Chad took molds of George Washington and Abe Lincoln to school for show and tell. Later in life, Chad was commissioned by the LDS Church to make porcelain replicas and that launched his career. This sculpture is a replica of Gary Lee Price’s American Bald Eagle, “The Sentinel”. Gary said of his statue: “The noble head of the eagle epitomizes to me awareness and alertness. It’s brilliant and piercing eyes appear to blaze right through you as it looks in your direction. To me, the eagle is one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet.”
Gary Lee Price is a sculptor, born May 2, 1955 in Germany, sent to the states at the age of 6 to be raised by his father, after his mother and step-father were killed. He studied at Utah Valley University where he met and studied with sculptor Stan Johnson. In 1991, Gary Lee Price was elected a member of the National Sculpture Society. In November 2001, he received the “Governor’s Mansion Artist Award,” from Governor Michael Leavitt of Utah, for his support of the arts. He founded, Gary Lee Price Studios, in Springville, Utah. You may be familiar with one of his most well-known, recent works, “Puffed Up Prince”, a very round, whimsical frog, wearing a gold crown.