- Name: Family Silhouettes
- Made in USA
- Vintage: 1941
- Details: This wonderful collection of silhouette portraits were done by F Ward. There’s a Father, Mother, Son and Daughter all signed and dated 1941. Originally invented in 16th Century Germany, known as Scherenschnitte, (scissor cuts), this art form was brought to America in the 18th Century. Here they became known as silhouettes after Etienne de Silhouette, a French finance minister who loved having these portraits done of himself. Each individual silhouette is signed by F. Ward and dated 1941. This piece has been professionally framed under glass, matted, using a black wood frame. The matt and paper have yellowed but we think this enhances the vintage look. Our price already includes the ever increasing shipping fees, so no surprises at check-out. Today silhouettes are back in style and can be mixed with other portraits, among wall plates, or on their own. One look through Pinterest and you’ll be amazed at the flexibility these offer! Great gift for a collector.
- Material: Paper, Wood, Glass
- Dimensions: 19.0 inches Length, 9.25 inches Height
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Vintage Condition. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this item, except as acceptable due to age/use/wear. Some of the marks you see are a reflection on the glass. We already mentioned the paper has yellowed, there are some minor scuffs on the wood frame, overall just a really great vintage looking piece. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are ANTIQUE and VINTAGE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Silhouettes, Family of Four, Framed & Matted, Signed Ward, Vintage
|Dimensions||21 × 12 × 4 in|