- Vintage: 1958 – Dated
- Artist: Frank Wootton – Signed
- Details: Variety of 5 Frank Wootton illustrations depicting: 1) The 1956 Le XIVe Grand Prix de Monaco. 2) A 1945 M.G. Model T.C. 3) Type 59 Grand Prix Bugatti. 4) 1929 Super-Charged Le Mans and a 1926 3- Litre Bentley. 5) A blue 1957 Aston Martin DB 2/4 MKII. Each of these prints is listed separately on our site with history and additional details for each one. If you would like to read about each one, please refer to that specific item listing for details.
- Dimensions: 8.5 inches x 11 1/4 inches (Landscape Layout)
- Material: Heavy Paper
- Condition: Vintage – NOS. Excellent Condition. These are new old stock prints. The paper is yellowing as expected. There are also a few yellowing spots on the margins on one or two of the prints.
- Shipping is included in all orders, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Frank Wootton is a famous artist from the time period and his works are widely collected and framed all over the world. He was best known for his aircraft illustrations, however, Frank Wootton is in some people’s opinion the best UK motoring artist, even greater than Gordon Crosby. In the 1930’s he was a commercial artist working on motor manufacturers’ sales brochures. After the war he worked as a commercial artist for several studios continuing the aviation, but increasingly motoring art. Motoring paintings were used by car manufacturers as well as Country Life for some of their front covers. During this time he also worked for The Motor on assignments covering such events as Le Mans and the Monte Carlo Rally. But he was also an extraordinary landscape and equestrian artist. His love of horses was unparalleled and he became vice-President of the Society of Equestrian Artists.