- Made in USA
- Antique: circa early 1900’s (prior to 1906)
- Details: One of the oldest labels you will find, Olney & Floyd Butterfly Brand Boston Marrow Squash can label, also one of the largest. These go back to the turn of the century and are considered some of the most beautiful labels of any type ever made. The label has no weight markings which was required by law around 1906. Truly one of a kind quality, Guaranteed Genuine/Original. It has a very detailed picture of a large butterfly on one side with bright, beautiful browns, golds and blues. The other side depicts a large squash, an actual botanical picture, in yellows and browns but if you look closely it has many other colors, like greens and reds making up the wonderful tonality of the squash. It’s printed: “Packed by Westernville Oneida Co,, NY”. It has a wonderful glossy finish which we tried to show in the pictures. The colors are bright with fantastic graphics and the attention to detail is amazing considering there were no computer graphics back then. It would take a craftsman 3 to 4 months to make the plates to produce a label like this. It wasn’t until 1903 that the first lithographic offset press for paper was produced, slowly doing away with stone lithographs. This is an incredibly beautiful stone lithograph. It’s rare to run into can labels of this kind of quality, definitely suitable for framing, and recommended to maintain this condition. Collecting labels has become a very popular hobby, mainly because of the beautiful and unique images/artwork that can be found. If this is your hobby, we have lots more labels available, please feel free to browse.
- Material: Paper
- Dimensions: 14 inches Long and 4.5 inches Wide
- Condition: Vintage – NOS. Excellent Condition. This is an original, old stock item, never been used, mint condition. The paper is yellowing but this is consistent with its age. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. All Sales Final. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Can Label, Olney & Floyd Butterfly, Boston Marrow Squash, NOS Lithograph, Antique
|Dimensions||13 × 11 × 0.75 in|