- Pattern: Coastal Lighthouse
- Made in: Georgetown, ME, USA
- Not Vintage: 2012
- Details: This is a wonderful piece of decorative pottery! Made right here in the USA by Georgetown pottery, in their square “ikebana” line of Japanese vases. Ikebana is “Ikebana” is from the Japanese word ‘ikeru’ which means to arrange (flowers), have life, be living”) and ‘hana’ which means “flower”). Ikebana, the art of arranging flowers, is counted as one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement, along with kōdō for incense appreciation and chadō for tea and the tea ceremony. The Coastal Lighthouse design is still being by Georgetown Pottery in other pieces like platters, coasters and salt & pepper shakers but it is no longer available in the ikebana vase. These vases are said to extend the life of flower arrangements as long as 3 weeks, the attached frog pierces the stem of the flowers and allows more water to be absorbed. The vase is engraved on the bottom: ” GP 12″ which we believe is for Georgetown Pottery 2012. This is a very unique piece of decor, hand painted and ready for your home, or perfect as a gift for a coastal home with original box and inserts.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimensions: 5.0 inches Square, approx. 1.75 inches Tall
- Condition: Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or other defects on this piece. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise stated. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Flower Frog, Georgetown Pottery Ikebana Vase, “Coastal Lighthouse”, Ceramic
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 4 in|