- Pattern: Floral
- Made in Gmundner, Austria
- Vintage: 1970’s – 1980’s (estimated)
- Details: This is such a beautiful bowl and much sought after by European Pottery collectors. It is hand painted with colorful flowers on both sides of the bowl. The rim and handles are also decorated with a green and red design. The bottom has a nice red border. It is stamped on the bottom: “Gmundner Keramik, (with their logo), Made in Austria, Hand Malarei. This is a quality pottery piece, hand fired clay and hand painted. There are some minor conditions issues, please see Condition below.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimension: 3.75 inches Tall, 8.0 inches in Diameter (top opening) and 10.25 inches Wide (including handles). Bottom is 3.5 inches in Diameter.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Condition. There are tiny chips all along the top border, and crazing on the inside of the bowl. There are no other issues and the decoration is in excellent condition. PLEASE SEE PICTURES BEFORE PURCHASING. Please remember these are ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
Gmunden is a town in Upper Austria. It is best known as a health and summer resort, also is one of the oldest and largest pottery areas in Europe. Gmundner ceramics so unique and well-known have been set in the middle of the Salzkammergut since 1492. Gmunden is considered to be the place for traditional Austrian craftsmanship: The high art of pottery. Artists came here to work and were inspired by the natural beauty of the area around the lake Traunsee. That’s where Gmundner Keramik’s pottery is located. Founded in 1903, their pieces are worked on more than 60 times by skilled master craftsmen and every piece takes up to one day to finish.