- Pattern: Cabbage Leaf (OLE12) – (Discontinued)
- Made in Portugal by Olfaire
- Not Vintage: 2010 – 2020
- Details: So many people collect the Cabbage Green patterns of Portugal that we decided to bring you these pieces, even though they’re not vintage. This is a soup / salad bowl with matching underplate. It’s shaped like a cabbage and has green embossed cabbage leaves and white veins outside, the bowl is smooth on the inside. The plate has the cabbage leaves around the border and it’s smooth in the center as well as the back. Neither piece is stamped, however, after some research (because there are so many different companies making this style pattern), we identified it as authentic Portugal pottery from Olfaire. These cabbage pieces are ideal for use during Spring or Summer get-togethers. Not only to be used as a salad or soup bowl but great on a buffet table for serving sauces, gravy (add a pretty ladle) or small food items. If you’re collecting, and don’t mind mixing from different makers, there is lots to choose from. Gorgeous displayed on its own as kitchen decor.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimension: Bowl: 2.75 inches Tall and approx 6.0 inches in Diameter (top opening) Plate: 7.5 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Used. Very Good Condition. There is a tiny chip on the rim of the bowl, and there is crazing on both pieces. PLEASE SEE PICTURES BEFORE PURCHASING. Please remember these are USED items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ’s for exceptions.
We were unable to find information on Olfaire Pottery. Many online sellers state that Olfaire was founded by Raphael Bordallo Pinheiro but records we found show that Bordallo founded “Fábrica de Faianças das Caldas” in June 30, 1884. There are many other pottery companies in Portugal, primarily in Caldas da Rainha, the majority made or are still making some type of cabbage pottery: Faiancas Subtil, Louca Leonel, Secla, and many others, but as far as we can tell, Bordallo Pinheiro pottery is still in business and still stamped with the Bordallo Pinheiro stamp and lizard logo, Olfaire is found sometimes stamped with the Olfaire name, sometimes not.