- Pattern: Red Crowned Cranes
- Made China
- Antique: early 19th Century
- Details: Strikingly beautiful decorative platter. This platter was purchased at an estate sale. It has a pedigree of authenticity from an Art Donor Form for a Miami, Florida auction held at Channel 2 Auction Central NE Sesame Street, Miami Florida. (Sesame Street has since been re-named NE 20th Ave.). The Donor was Basel Art Gallery in Miami Beach, FL. The Art Donor Form states: ” Enamel on Copper. One of a kind, hand-made original plate. Circa early 19th Century. Typical Oriental landscape with floral and Chinese Crane Motif. The Chinese government forbids representation of these birds today, as they are considered sacred. Coloration, the green family – Famille Verte. Rare Collectible”. Based on how long the businesses mentioned have been open/closed, the usage of zip codes, etc., we’ve dated this donor form to be from approx. the 1970’s. The platter is embossed on the back: “Made in China” and what looks to be Chinese characters. Donor Value $500, (that’s $3,690 today!), how much it eventually auctioned for, we we can only imagine. At an antique shop we found a piece, similar in style and age, measuring only 4 inches in diameter, selling for $1,250,00, makes this piece a bargain.
- Material: Enamel on Copper
- Dimension: 14.25 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Antique- Used. Excellent Antique Condition. There is one visible scratch within the smaller trees, and several much lighter scratches on the white enamel. There’s also a faint line on the copper running down the center of the piece, only visible when the light hits the plate just so, (all issues of concern photographed for you). Otherwise, we were unable to find any damage/imperfections except those acceptable as associated with age/wear. PLEASE REVIEW ALL PICTURES BEFORE PURCHASING, ALL SALES FINAL, NO REFUNDS, NO RETURNS. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show scratches, wear and tear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (continental US only), unless otherwise noted. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location. Shipping will be Priority Mail, Signature Required and Insured for the full cost of the item. We pack very carefully, we are not responsible for any damage caused by the carrier. Because the package is insured, if there is any damage in transit, you may file a claim with the carrier for a refund.
Decorative Platter, Rare, Famille Verte Enamel on Copper, Oriental 19th Century China, 14″
|Dimensions||17 × 17 × 5 in|