- Pattern: Floral
- Made in Gmundner, Austria
- Vintage: 1970’s – 1980’s (estimated)
- Details: This is such a beautiful bowl and much sought after by European Pottery collectors. It is hand painted with colorful flowers on both sides of the bowl. The rim and handles are decorated with a green and red design and a red border on the bottom. It is stamped: “Gmundner Keramik, (with their logo), Made in Austria, Hand Malarei”. This is a quality pottery piece, hand fired clay and hand painted. There are some minor conditions issues, please see Condition below.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Dimension: 3.75 inches Tall, 8.0 inches in Diameter (top opening) and 10.25 inches Wide (including handles). Bottom is 3.5 inches in Diameter.
- Condition: Vintage – Used. Very Good Vintage Condition. There are tiny chips all along the top border, and crazing on the inside of the bowl. If you like the “chippy” worn look, this will be perfect. The decoration is in excellent condition. Please review all pictures and make sure you love this item before purchasing, we can’t accept returns. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new, every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections.
- Shipping is included, (Continental US only), unless otherwise noted. This item ships Priority Mail and Insured for your protection. AK, HI and International shoppers will see additional shipping based on your location.
Gmunden is a town in Upper Austria. It is best known as a health and summer resort, also is one of the oldest and largest pottery areas in Europe. Gmundner ceramics so unique and well-known have been set in the middle of the Salzkammergut since 1492. Gmunden is considered to be the place for traditional Austrian craftsmanship: The high art of pottery. Artists came here to work and were inspired by the natural beauty of the area around the lake Traunsee. That’s where Gmundner Keramik’s pottery is located. Founded in 1903, their pieces are worked on more than 60 times by skilled master craftsmen and every piece takes up to one day to finish.