Vintage Silver plate on Brass Swan Candle Holder / Epergne – 4 Lights – G. B. 1033795
Out of stock
- Pattern: Swans
- Mfg Date: Unconfirmed - possible early 20th century.
- Details: This is a very elegant silver plated candle holder, also known as an "Epergne" (an ornamental centerpiece for a dining table, typically used for holding fruit or flowers. It may also be used as a designer object to hold candles, flowers or ornaments for a holiday etc. Epergnes were traditionally made from silver, however from around the start of the 20th century, glass was also used). It consists of four beautifully carved swans, each holding a flower on its head meant to hold taper candles. the swans sit on lovely scrolls, that mimic waves on the water. This piece originally came with a glass bowl, this one no longer has the bowl, I am sure it would look perfect without it, or you can retro-fit your own beautiful glass or crystal bowl. It comes apart for easy cleaning and storage. Based on research this is potentially a British piece, it is marked G. B. REG NO. 1033795 which could be a British registration mark or company number (all companies registered in the UK are assigned a number by Companies House). Old not, British or not, we thought it was beautiful and perfect for taper candles, a great addition to your home's decor.
- Materials: Silver plate on brass
- Dimensions: 11.0 inches Long, 11.0 inches Wide and 6 inches Tall.
- Condition: Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, cracks on this candle holder. This is silver plate on brass and in a couple of tiny areas the brass is visible. There is still some candle wax residue but should come clean with a little patience. Please remember these are used items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
||14 × 12 × 3.5 in