Vintage Japanese Imari Ginger Jar with Lid, Peacocks, Hand Painted
1 in stock
- Made in Japan by Gold Imari
- Vintage - circa 1960's
- Details: This is a wonderful Gold Imari ginger jar. It is hand painted and features a male and a female peacock (or pheasant), intertwined on a tree branch surrounded by cherry blossoms and other larger flowers all around the piece. The colors are beautifully subdued with greens, yellow and golds on a white background all outlined in black. The lid is also adorned with cherry blossoms on top and other flowers around the rim. There is wonderful detail, down to the pistils on the cherry blossom flowers. Lots of gold accents all around that makes this a remarkable decorative piece. It is marked on the bottom: "Gold Imari, Hand Painted" and then some Japanese characters. This is a heavy piece and pricing reflects some of the shipping costs we incur.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 8.5 inches Tall with lid, 7 inches in Diameter at its widest point.
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. The gold is worn in a tiny spot towards the bottom of the peacock tail, otherwise, all the gold is in great condition everywhere else. There are no chips, cracks, or scratches. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.