- Pattern: Bali Hai (Discontinued)
- Made in Japan by Narumi (not Kent china)
- Vintage 1946 - 1950
- Details: This a very fresh, summery pattern. It's white china with a very light ivory border with yellow bamboo shoots with their green leaves within the border. The bamboo border is enclosed within two gold lines, the rim and the inside. There is a back stamp that reads "Bali Hai by Narumi Japan". These plates would look especially nice on a Spring or Summer table setting, perhaps with other earthy items like bamboo flatware and weaved or wood-like placemats. Would also enhance a chinoiserie or Zen setting. We also have the matching serving platter and the fruit/dessert bowls available, please search the site for Narumi if interested.
- Materials: Fine China
- Dimensions: 10.5 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. There are no cracks, chips, or scratches on these plates, the gold rims are in perfect condition as well. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
Narumi is the second largest manufacturer and supplier of tableware in Japan. They have been around since 1911 with the original name, Imperial Seito. However, it wasn't until 1938 when Nagoya Seito built a new plant in a town called Narumi in Nagoya, Japan that the name "Narumi" was used. Later, in 1946, they started making tableware that would appeal to western tastes and exporting to the United States. In 1950 they changed their name to Narumi China Corporation. Through the years they have expanded to Tokyo and Nagoya, Japan; Singapore; Hong Kong; Shanghai, China; and Bekasi, Indonesia. In 1976 they began supplying the hotel and restaurant industry. In 2005 they changed their name to Narumi Shanghai Co.,Ltd. In 2015 they became a member of Ishizuka Group.