- Made in Italy
- Vintage: circa 1980 - 1990
- Details: A very cute Christmas basket with a single holly sprig in the center and a leaf in back. It has the traditional Capodimonte woven "texture" of older pieces but we guess this one can't be older than the 1980's. The colors are crisp, the basket is brilliant white and the holly is very red. The bottom is stamped with the traditional makers marks that show the blue N with the Crown and also a rearing horse which is the Nuova Capodimonte mark. A nice addition for a Capodimonte collector, (but not if they only collect "period" Capodimonte as this is not antique). It would be a great office gift to house business cards on a desk, small candy dish, by the door to collect lose change around the holidays, an accent in the bathroom, or on its own as part of your Christmas decor.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 5.5 inches Tall and 5.25 inches Wide.
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, cracks, or scratches on this piece. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
Capodimonte porcelain is named for porcelain produced in the Neapolitan region of Italy, (and Spain, for a while), not for a single factory or maker. After the Royal Factory closure in 1834, many of the “King’s” artists and modelers split off to open their own studios. By 1925 there were many Italian porcelain factories making Capodimonte-style porcelains, and using the famous “N” and crown. The Neapolitan “N” and crown were never trademark protected. There have been many variations with different fonts of the “N” and different styles of the crown or coronet.