- Pattern: Highland Queen (Discontinued)
- Made in England
- Vintage: 1974
- Details: A really beautiful footed coffee/tea cup from Paragon. The pattern consists of purple Thistle branches and blossoms all along the outside bowl. The rim is not smooth, it's scalloped and it has a gold rim, there's a gold accent on the handle and foot. It is stamped on the bottom with the English Royal Crest and reads: "By Appointment To Her Majesty The Queen" Overall a beautiful looking cup. We only have the cups so if you've broken one and are looking for a replacement, this is your chance to complete your set.
- Materials: Fine Bone China
- Dimension: 4.25 inches in Diameter (including handle), and 2.75 inches Tall, the foot is 1.75 inches in Diameter.
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. Gold rim is in excellent condition. There are no cracks, chips, or visible scratches on the cup. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
Paragon was founded in 1897 and was originally called "Star China". They started using the name "Paragon" around 1903 and in 1919, the company name was changed to "Paragon China Company Ltd". Initially Paragon manufactured tea and breakfast items in fine bone porcelain but by the 1930's they had expanded into dinnerware pieces which were starting to be exported at the same time. They received a royal warrants and appointments, first from Queen Mary and then from Queen Elizabeth which speaks to the fine quality they maintained. Royal Albert purchased Paragon in the 1960's and they continued to manufacture some of Paragon's patterns until 1992. Eventually, Royal Albert was bought out by Royal Doulton.