- Pattern: #185 "Wild Turkey with Poult" Number 4 in the series
- Made in USA
- Vintage 1974
- Details: A Collectible Wild Turkey Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey Decanter sold by The Austin Nichols Distilling Co. This is number 4 in a series of 8 different turkey decanters that ran from 1971 - 1978. The beautiful decanter depicts a turkey with a poult (or chick) by its side. This is an empty bottle, it has a high gloss finish. The Wild Turkey brand paper label is intact, although yellow from age. The Wild Turkey brand name on the other side is embossed on the bottle. This makes a great decor piece for Fall and especially for Thanksgiving. Great gift for a collector.
- Material: Ceramic
- Dimensions: 12 inches Tall, 6.5 inches Long (at its widest point, including tail) and 4.5 inches Deep.
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, cracks or scratches on this piece. The label is yellowing due to age. The cork is still in good shape but it is showing wear and looks a bit shorter than it probably was originally. (PLEASE SEE PICTURES). Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
The Austin Nichols Distillery Company was founded in 1855 in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. It is said that the name came about from a wild turkey hunting trip that then executive, Thomas McCarthy, went on. He took some warehouse samples for his hunting friends to try and they liked it so much, they started asking him for "that wild turkey bourbon." The "Wild Turkey" brand was first bottled in 1942. In 2009, the Campari Group acquired the distillery and the Wild Turkey brand. They are still in business today and offer tours.
Austin Nichols released four main decanter series plus another in the late 1980s. Series 1 had 8 decanters and ran from 1971 until 1978 with different wild turkeys in various poses. Series 2 ran from 1979 - 1982 also with different turkeys in various poses. Series 3 was issued in 1983 and only had 3 decanters, all with turkeys in action. Series 4 ran from 1984 - 1986 and had 9 decanters, all including a turkey with another animal.