- Pattern: Rejoicing With You
- Vintage: 1981
- Made by Enesco
- Details: This is a beautiful commemorative plate from the adorable Precious Moments Collection. This one is called " Rejoicing with You", and commemorates a child's baptism. The plate has an embossed image of a girl and boy, the boy is holding a little baby and the girl is holding a Bible. These are the very easily recognizable Precious Moments "children" who are now embedded in our hearts forever. The back has all the information regarding this plate and it is stamped: "Rejoicing with You by Bill Biel and Sam Butcher. This commemorative plate has been crafted in fine porcelain and painted by hand to our exacting standards. We sincerely hope it brings joy to your life. (Signed by both) Bill Biel and Sam Butcher. 1981 Jonathan & David, Licensee Enesco Imports Corporation, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007, E-7172". There are no pre-drilled holes so you will need a plate hanger or plate stand in order to display it. This would make a perfect Baptism gift or for your favorite Precious Moments collector!
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: Approx 8.25 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or crazing on this plate. It looks like it's been hanging on a wall so the back is a bit scuffed. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
Sam Butcher had been drawing the endearing teardrop-eye children as gifts for family and friends. Precious Moments was started in the early 1970's by Sam and Bill under the name "Jonathan & David, originally only selling greeting cards and posters. Sam and Bill took their goods to the annual Christian Booksellers Association Convention in Anaheim and retailers went crazy with this new line. Those became very popular and not long after Enesco approached Sam with an idea to develop a three-dimensional figurine based on his artwork. The figurines were introduced to the public in 1978 and as they say, the rest is history. There are now over 1,500 pieces of Precious Moments.