- Pattern: "Die Spielkameraden" (The Playmates) by Wolfgang Kaiser
- Not Vintage: 1991
- Made in Germany
- Details: This is a limited edition, fine porcelain collector's plate in a series called "Abenteuer auf Samtpfoten" (Adventures on Velvety Paws) exclusively created by artist Wolfgang Kaiser, it is signed by the artist on the bottom right. Although it is 28 years old, and discontinued, it is not quite a vintage item but it is so nice, we decided to bring it to you. This is the first issue of this collection by Kaiser. The firing was limited to only 95 days and this is plate #M1429. The artist has done a great job in drawing these kittens in a very realistic/life-like style. The colors are muted browns, grays and yellows and the faces on these kittens are adorable. This plate comes in its original box, a certificate of authenticity plus some history about the artist and the collection (both in English and German). The plate is pre-drilled with holes for hanging with wire or you can use a plate hanger or stand. It goes without saying but just in case, these are works of art and not to be used for eating or serving food, it contains metal pigments that could be toxic. Great gift for your mother/sister/daughter/ brother/friend/neighbor/teacher who loves cats. Would make a wonderful addition in a child's room or powder room or any wall that needs a little fun and cuteness. Makes a great gift for any cat lover. We carry three other plates in the collection if you're interested, please search for Wolfgang Kaiser. If you're interested in all 4 plates, please Contact Us for a 20% discount.
- Materials: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 8 inches in Diameter
- Condition: Vintage - Used. Excellent Condition. There are no chips, scratches, or crazing on this plate. Please remember these are VINTAGE and ANTIQUE items, they are NOT new. Every effort has been made to show any scratches, wear and tear and imperfections. Refunds will not be given unless there’s gross misrepresentation of condition.
- Shipping is included on every order with some exceptions. See FAQ's for exceptions.
Wolfgang Kaiser was born in Berlin-Zehlendorf in 1941. He studied art in the academy of Arts in Berlin and then under Professor Linke at the academy in Karlsruhe. His style of painting has roots in the nineteenth century, known as the style of the old masters.